Pretest, posttest and treatment topic prompts used in this study are provided here. Topics were randomly counterbalanced to control for the ways that the topics might shape strategy use during the study. Screencasts were therefore created for each stage of gradual release for each topic and for each condition. To the extent possible, I tried to keep the structure of the screencasts constant across topics and for each condition.
Topic: Risks vs. Benefits of Nuclear Energy
- Pros and Cons of Nuclear Energy with most scaffolding (Step 1 of LINKS Intervention)
- Pros and Cons of Nuclear Energy with scaffolding of specific strategies (Step 2)
- Pros and Cons of Nuclear Energy with least scaffolding (Step 3)
Topic: Math vs. Chemistry for Career Options?
- Math vs. Chemistry with most scaffolding (Step 1)
- Math vs. Chemistry with scaffolding of specific strategies (Step 2)
- Math vs. Chemistry with least scaffolding (Step 3)
- RT @gravesle : Measuring New Media Literacies: Towards the Development of a Comprehensive Assessment Tool via @PowerVirg http://t.co/rK1Kre … 2 weeks ago
- Food for thought #edu5287 @edukatik #ped3119 http://t.co/VNb919Uimh 2 weeks ago
- #uOttawaedu The amazing @Literacies2013 !! @uOttawaEdu @GlobalEdUOttawa 💕 http://t.co/yrHz9brqZD 2 weeks ago
- @Literacies2013 @gravesle ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 2 weeks ago