This is my professional dossier. Here, I document work I’ve done, I ask questions, and write about issues that are on my mind. Mostly, I write about teaching, learning and literacies in our digitally networked world. Sometimes, I add photos that I’ve taken. From these photos, you can probably tell that I like to bake. Because I’m also Mom to two amazing daughters, I sometimes add reflections on parenting.
Like everything in my life, it is a work in progress.
I am an Assistant Professor of Educational Technology in the Faculty of Education at the University of Ottawa. I have a PhD in Educational Psychology and Educational Technology from the College of Education at Michigan State University, an M.A. in Modern Language Education from the University of British Columbia, a B.Ed. and a B.A. (Honours) from Queen’s University. I am an Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT).
As a researcher, these are the questions on my mind lately:
- What teaching practices support students’ emergent synthesis skills as they learn to conduct online research for different purposes and audiences?
- Is there a developmental learning trajectory of online synthesis processes that can be described?
- Could knowledge of a synthesis learning trajectory inform teaching practice and curriculum?
- What theories can inspire deeper understanding of the complexities of online informational reading and research?
- What’s the relationship between proficiency in online reading to learn and executive function?
I am also interested in the development of pre-service and in-service teachers’ technological pedagogical and content knowledge (TPACK) and in the ways that good teaching can happen in online and blended courses.
All of my work is licensed for remix, re-use and share-alike under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
- "Absolument effroyable et répréhensible". Difficile à imaginer que les femmes au Canada sont forcées à subir une te… http://t.co/yEVIkehoHt 15 hours ago
- RT @teachKHT : Join our rockstar session on parenting and screentime at #ncte18. I'll be there 1:00 on Thursday in 320AB with @hickstro @wio … 2 days ago
- @MsFoulds_ Amazon is easy. Also, http://t.co/QsRE9jvxQg and http://t.co/NoToOEqrYc Also, Active Tech on Merivale… http://t.co/Z770wLpQQQ 6 days ago
- RT @nick_ngafook : Please share widely! This is your chance to create the program you would like to see at our Faculty! #educplus @uOttawaEd … 6 days ago
- Thinking Tech with new Teacher Candidates at the University of Ottawa
- Presentation for students from Central China Normal University
- Design Ideas for Integrating 3D Printing in K-12 Classrooms
- Empowering Kids Online While Minimizing Risks
- Pedagogical Designs for Digital Literacies Learning in Schools