This is my professional dossier. Here, I document work I’ve done, I ask questions, and write about issues that are on my mind. Mostly, I write about teaching, learning and literacies in our digitally networked world. Sometimes, I add photos that I’ve taken. From these photos, you can probably tell that I like to bake. Because I’m also Mom to two amazing daughters, I sometimes add reflections on parenting.
Like everything in my life, it is a work in progress.
I am an Assistant Professor of Educational Technology in the Faculty of Education at the University of Ottawa. I have a PhD in Educational Psychology and Educational Technology from the College of Education at Michigan State University, an M.A. in Modern Language Education from the University of British Columbia, a B.Ed. and a B.A. (Honours) from Queen’s University. I am an Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT).
As a researcher, these are the questions on my mind lately:
- What teaching practices support students’ emergent synthesis skills as they learn to conduct online research for different purposes and audiences?
- Is there a developmental learning trajectory of online synthesis processes that can be described?
- Could knowledge of a synthesis learning trajectory inform teaching practice and curriculum?
- What theories can inspire deeper understanding of the complexities of online informational reading and research?
- What’s the relationship between proficiency in online reading to learn and executive function?
I am also interested in the development of pre-service and in-service teachers’ technological pedagogical and content knowledge (TPACK) and in the ways that good teaching can happen in online and blended courses.
All of my work is licensed for remix, re-use and share-alike under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
- RT @nick_ngafook : @alkinahan1 @uOttawaEdu @tracy_tcrowe @EducatorJess @mshagerman @lradford4 We would love to partner with you and your sch… 3 days ago
- @rjhogue @greeneterry @ltaub @adellepatten @amcollier @mhawksey @joefromkenyon @Autumm @hj_dewaard @hey_km … http://t.co/2OtsOoSNPD 4 days ago
- New article in a special edition of @CogitatioMaC edited by @haspires . My article examines the ways that (digital)… http://t.co/q42sGlQg2X 4 days ago
- RT @Bali_Maha : And it's out! My article on @CogitatioMaC is out Reimagining #DigitalLiteracies from a #Feminist Perspective in a #Postcolo… 4 days ago
- CATE Graduate Student Panel: Curating a digital online presence
- CSSE-SCÉÉ19: Layered literacies practices during a Maker activity
- Digital Citizenship Rights and Responsibilities: CATE Panel @CSSE 2019
- Repost: “The Makerspace is the heart of our school” : A model for Making that values community, inclusion, and student agency
- New Article: Digital literacies learning in contexts of development